STP® Pro-Series Intake Valve Cleaner
STP® Pro-Series Intake Valve Cleaner is a DIY intake valve cleaning solution designed to remove hardened deposits without a costly engine teardown. Engineered to simplify the intake valve cleaning process with 5 easy steps. One person job from start to finish for professional-grade results. Patent pending design.
One can of STP® Pro-Series Intake Valve Cleaner:
• Effective for use in GDI, PFI and Turbo engines
• Use 1x per year or every 12K miles
TO USE STP® Intake Valve Cleaner, You WILL NEED:
5 Easy Steps to a Cleaner Engine
In a well-ventilated area, start vehicle, idle for approximately 5 minutes and then shut off. Note down the idle speed.
With engine off, open hood and locate throttle body (See VEHICLE LOOK-UP tab to find your vehicle's throttle body).
Loosen clamp with screwdriver and slightly pull back the top of the boot.
PRO-TIP: The throttle body is located after the engine air filter and boot connection on the engine side.
Shake can gently. Uncoil hose and hang STP® Pro-Series Intake Valve Cleaner above the throttle body.
PRO-TIP: The hood latch is the most common location to hang.
NOTE: Ensure the hose is clear of any moving parts like belts and fans. Ensure the can is away from sources of extreme heat.
Insert hose end towards the throttle plate.Keep hose in place on the throttle body with protective aluminum guide.Reattach the air intake boot back on the throttle body and create a tight seal.
NOTE: Do not feed hose into the Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor.
Turn the red dial all the way to “I” then, turn the blue switch to “I”.
NOTE: Dial must terminate at “I” to ensure proper function.
Start the engine within 1 minute. STP’s high-performance formula will begin to dispense in approximately 1 minute.Increase the engine to 3x factory idle speed.
NOTE 1: Some vehicles will not allow you to rev as high as 3x factory idle speed. In that case, rev as high as the engine will allow you to go (usually 2000 RPM).
NOTE 2: You may be required to feather the gas pedal during cleaning to maintain proper idle. For cars with sophisticated electronics, the check engine light may come on, in most cases it will correct itself after the cleaning is complete.
Maintain 3x factory idle speed for 9 minutes while the formula dispenses through the intake system.After 9 minutes, shut the engine off.
With engine off, turn blue switch back to “O” to shut off.Loosen air intake boot just enough to remove hose and guide from the throttle body.
Reattach and reclamp the connection.STP® Pro-Series Intake Valve Cleaner is a single-use product and can be disposed.Drive the vehicle for 10-15 minutes to ensure formula exhausts from the intake system, removing any remaining carbon build-up.
Locate your vehicle’s throttle body and Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor using our look-up tool below
Below is a list of the most common questions we get regarding this product.
- Metal hook to hang intake valve cleaner above the throttle body
- Continuous flow automatic dispenser
i. Blue On (“I”) Off (“O”) Switch
ii. Red Dial
- 42” Clear Flexible Hose with Protective Aluminum Guide
- PEA-Based Aerosol Formula
- Turn the blue switch to “O”. Then make sure the red dial is turned to “I”, before turning the blue switch to “I” again.
- In rare cases, it may be necessary to gently push the actuator onto the can and rotate the actuator by about quarter turn.
- Then, follow the instructions again: turn the red dial to “I”, then turn blue switch to “I” and the flow of fluid should start after the red dial has returned to “O” position.
- Turn the red dial to “I”, THEN turn the blue switch to “I”. The reason for this is to make sure you have enough time to start revving the engine before the formula begins to dispense into the intake manifold.
- This product has been designed to release the entire contents of the can, 9 minutes after the red dial has been turned to “I”.
- If the ambient temperature is too cold or if the can has been stored in freezing conditions for too long, it may require longer time to empty the contents of the can.
- The check engine light should clear after driving the car for 10-15 minutes.
- After using this product, your car will run smoother with improved acceleration, reduced rough idling and fuel consumption.
- Once a year or every 12,000 miles
- Yes. It is necessary to wear gloves and safety goggles while using this product.
- Use our vehicle look-up to determine if your car’s intake manifold is accessible and that the product can be sprayed after the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor.
- Vehicle Look-Up
- No. It should be sprayed through the intake, after the MAF.
- The product is a single use and should be discarded. It is not meant to be re-used.
- Vehicle Look-Up
- 2-3- minutes for setup. 6-8 minutes for the can to empty. 1-2 minutes to remove the hose from the manifold and 10-15 minutes for driving the car after the product use. 20-30 minutes for total product usage.
- When the red dial has expired at “O”, the contents of the can will start flowing through the hose. You should be able to see the formula flowing through the hose.
Our team of experts is here for you. Simply fill out the form below and a representative will be in contact. You can also reach us at 1-888-GO4-STP1
ALL FIELDS REQUIRED